Tuesday, March 18, 2014

If Love Could Have Saved You...

I read on Facebook today “if love could have saved, you would have lived forever” and I thought, how true is that?  If the love could save those we love the most, we wouldn’t have to say good-bye and know the pain of losing someone.  If love was enough, my dad, my brother, Dylan and so many others would still be here.  If love was enough, I wouldn’t worry about saying good-bye to Kate.  Love can do so many things, but it cant prevent death. 

However, the love of our savior can save us!  It doesn’t stop us from leaving this place, leaving our bodies or leaving those we love, but it does allow us to see them again, in our new bodies, in place that has more joy, peace and fulfillment than this place we call earth.  This place, our bodies, etc. are temporary.  Yes it hurts, to say it lightly, when we have to say good-bye and it is hard to find our footing, but we have something to look forward to.  We have the knowledge and joy of knowing that one day we will be reunited with those we love. 

How exciting is that?  Think of all the things you have said good-bye to, which you will never see again.  Friendships that have ended, jobs that you have left, homes that you don’t live in anymore, etc.  Those good-byes are permanent and you had to adjust to a new normal.  Saying good-bye to your spouse, child, sibling, parent, etc. due to death may seem permanent, but there is hope in eternity.  There is hope is seeing those you love once again as you enter the gates of heaven.  Knowing this, I hope, brings you joy, peace and comfort.  I know it helps me deal with my grief.  Knowing that one day I will be reunited with those that have gone before me brings me peace, calmness, hope, joy, and eagerness. 

How can we be certain that we are going to heaven?  It is simple!  All you have to do is profess that Jesus is son of God, he came to save us from our sins, died on the cross and rose again and is seated in Heaven and ask him to come into your heart.  Simple!  You just have to believe.  You just need faith the size of mustard seed.  I wish all of life was this easy!  Life may not be easy but it so easy to believe in a compassionate, all knowing, wonderful God, who wants nothing but the best for you and wants you to spend eternity with Him.

So, next time I read, “if love could have saved you, you would have lived forever”, I wont think of those that we mourn, rather I will say, Love is Enough and it does Save us! 



No comments:

Post a Comment