Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Happy Birthday Lauren

She made me a mom.  She made me see the world through new eyes.  She made me rethink all the things I thought I knew.  She challenges me to be a better person; more compassionate and patient.  She allows me to be childlike and silly.  It’s so hard to believe that she is now 11.  How did this happen so fast?  After 11 years I am still amazed at the impact Lauren has had on my life. 

Lauren and I are a lot alike.  We look like each other, her mannerisms are similar to mine and how she processes situations and her emotions is similar to how I process them.  She is a mini-me, but so much better!!  She has so many qualities that I wish I had.  She is out-going, adventurous, and confident in who she is.  She is able to be silly and has an amazing sense of humor.  She can wake up in the morning, put on her camo hunting cloths and hangout in a tree stand, then come home and get all dressed up and do her hair and make-up (chapstick and clear mascara since shes only 11). 

I wish Lauren could see herself the way I see her.  She would see how brave, amazing, and lovely she is.  I know at times she feels like she blends into the wall because so much of our time is focused on Kate and her needs, but I hope she knows, without a doubt, how much we love her and how lucky we are to have her as our daughter.  I am forever thankful to God for allowing me to be Lauren’s mom. 

As we celebrated Laurens 11th birthday this past weekend, I reflected on the past 11 years and the different stages of Lauren’s life.  It has been so much fun to watch her grown, develop her personality, and learn.  Lauren is all around amazing and I cant wait to see what the next 11 years (and more) bring.


Happy Birthday Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment