Thursday, February 6, 2014

Why Blog?

Why write a blog?  There are so many good blogs out there, do I really think I have anything new or interesting to say?  No, but writing, for me, is therapeutic and I have an opinion on so many things, so why not blog?

Before I start blogging, I thought I would introduce myself and explain what this blog is all about.  I think I am simple and easy to figure out, but my husband would say otherwise.  When I try to explain why I like one product, article of clothing, food, etc. over another, I realize that he might be right, but to me it all seems so simple.  I like what I like, how I like it.  I am a Christian and this sets the foundation for everything I do in life.  It the biggest thing that defines me.  Please dont get the impression that I am perfect, because as well all know, no one is perfect; only Jesus was (and is) perfect.  I am a wife.  I have been married for 14 years to a guy who makes me laugh daily.  I dont take my marriage for granted or lightly.  Some days we live in marital bliss and other days I feel like hitting him in the head with a frying pan (not really, but you get my drift, and am sure he would say the same about me.)  I am a mother to two girls.  The oldest daughter is amazing!!  She is funny, beautiful, witty, and has a true heart for God and the human race.  Our youngest daughter is a combination of sugar and spice.  She is ornery and loving, determined and brave and has been diagnosed with a rare, terminal disease, that has no known cure or treatment.

I work full time, have held a few different positions at the church we attend and am an aspiring Christian speaker.

I hope that my blogs will make you laugh, cry and think.  I know my opinions may vary from yours, but I hope we can find that road to tolerance is a two way street.  Meaning, if you disagree with my opinion I hope you wont stop following my blog, but rather agree to disagree.  I will respect your opinions and comments, if choice to leave any, if you will do the same.

I hope you enjoy my blogs.  Now, I need to return to designing my site, which is proving to be a challenge.

Ellie

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing woman! I have always laughed, cried, and enjoyed all your writings!

    ReplyDelete